Thursday, September 12, 2013

When we found out we were expecting twins seven years ago I never expected the rollercoaster life would take us on.  Benjamin was born 3 ½ months early and was soon diagnosed with cerebral palsy, chronic lung disease, & a seizure disorder.  Benjamin brings much joy to us.  Benjamin is a sweet boy with many challenges and throughout these challenges he is always happy and has a smile and a “hi” for everyone.  Along with the joy comes the daily challenges though.  Right now my challenge is lifting Benjamin in and out of the van and then also lifting his wheelchair in and out of the van.  Having a bad back already this has exasperated my bad back and is starting to cause pain when I lift him. This is a constant struggle for me, and I am afraid of what will happen as he continues to grow, because as he grows, so does his medical equipment. A wheelchair van would be life-changing for us! Having money to buy a wheelchair accessible van would be a true blessing!

A wheelchair accessible van costs $63,000.  Our goal is to raise around $30,000.  I don't have the exact number yet as we are waiting on an exact amount from President's Choice Charity which I should have within the next two weeks.  Once they have confirmed the amount of funding I can then apply to Variety the Children's Charity.  I have also applied to Giving in Action but our request was denied as there is no more money in their account.  We would also sell our van and have about $6000 to give ourselves as well.

There are 2 ways to donate:

1. In person at any Envision Credit Union location,
account called "Benjamin's Van Fund", Account # 2458115

2. via PayPal to email account:
benjaminsvansfund@gmail.com
(please mark as "gift" so no fee is taken)
 Thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment